What is the full bright scholarship
The full bright scholarship was established by Senator J. William Full bright in 1946 and since then, it has been funding academic exchanges between host countries and the US. Fullbright is one of the largest scholarship exchange program just like daad scholarship in Germany. More than 370,000 pupils have benefited from this scholarship ranging from academics to professionals. scholarships and grants like full bright enables recipients to teach, study, research and to promote bilateral collaboration among participating countries. Any research scholar may apply although USA Universities and Academic institutions encourage applicants from different fields including interdisciplinary ones.
Fulbright Postgraduate Scholarships for foreign students
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program for international students is a non-degree program funded by the U.S. Department of State in Washington, D.C. The scholarship is awarded by the Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs and the Institute of International Education (IIE) in New York.
Graduates from all over the world are encouraged to check the full bright scholarship websites to check their eligibility. Young and exceptionally primising Foreign students can also apply for the scholarship in order to conduct research in the United States.The Fulbright Foreign Student Program is administered by binational Fulbright Commissions/Foundations or U.S. Embassies. All Foreign Student Program applications are processed by these offices. Over 155 countries are eligible to apply.
Full Bright scholarship amount and ways to apply for a Fulbright?
The Fulbright Program’s application process is lengthy and tasking one. Each prospective applicants are encouraged to consider carefully their intentions, goals, future plans and prospective projects before applying for a Fulbright grant. This is because the competition for Fulbright Program grants is a national merit based scholarship.The scholarship award operates on a yearly application cycle, which generally (but not in all cases) opens approximately 15 months before the anticipated start of the grant with a deadline approximately 11 or 12 months before the grant’s start date.n Teaching Program for U.S. and international teachers.
Application procedures are based on an applicant’s country of citizenship or country of permanent residency. Please note that non-U.S. citizens with legal permanent residency status in the United States are not eligible for Fulbright grants.
All Postgraduate Awards offer:
- financial aid for graduate school
- Sickness and accident coverage
- J-1 visa sponsorship and pre-departure support & orientation
- Support in the USA from the Institute of International Education (IIE)
- Access to a global alumni network of collaborative engagement and cultural diplomacy, with over 300,000 academically and professionally accomplished members
Full bright scholarship application dates and deadline
Call for Applications for fullbright scholarship usually starts from February 1 and the window for filling the online application form closes on June 1
Full bright scholarship Eligibility Requirements for international students:
Although Eligibility criteria will vary by country. Candidates are normally selected based on a variety of factors, that may include (but are not limited to) academic qualifications, project feasibility, personal leadership ability, and available grant funds.The following are the requirement for full bright scholarship and financial aid application for international students. You may also find further instructions by selecting your country here
- Applicants must be citizens or nationals of 155 eligible countries, or permanent residents holding a valid passport issued by the government of the 155 eligible countries.
- Applicants must have an endorsement of their home institution.
- Applicants must be at least two years into their postgraduate program in any discipline.
- Applicants must have an outstanding academic record and high level of English proficiency.
- Aplicants for the fullbright scholarship must meet a minimum score of 100 in the internet based TOEFL test.
- Applicants must have high motivation and a serious commitment to completing the program as scheduled and to returning home.
- Only applicants with strong proposals, outlining their research objectives, methodology, time-frame, and justification for conducting the research in the U.S. will be short-listed for interviews.
- Applicants in business, law and accounting should understand that most U.S. institutions rarely accept research students in these fields due to high demand for full-time programs and tuition concerns. As a consequence, we face great challenges in finding placements for such grantees unless their proposals are tilted toward economics, development-related areas, democracy, human rights and conflict resolution.
Application and Instructions: The application and instructions can be found at https://iie.embark.com/apply/foreignfulbright . Click that link to apply for full bright scholarship 2019
How to apply for Full bright scholarship 2018 – 2019
All applicants must fill out the online application forms completely and attach their supporting documents online. The supporting documents includes.
- 3 academic and professional references
- Curriculum Vitae
- academic transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended and writing sample.)
Official Scholarship Website: http://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/about/foreign-fulbright