The GIST Scholarship program 2023 offers bright students, researchers, and technical professionals from all over the world who wish to attend the Gwangju Institute of Science and Technology in South Korea to earn a Master’s degree, Doctorate degree, or Master’s degree leading to a Doctorate degree. As an International student studying in Korea, you have a fantastic opportunity to build a solid foundation for the advancement of science and technology.
Students who receive the highest scholarships at South Korea’s prestigious institutions have the chance to work on and promote international and national collaborative research projects in both the private and public sectors.
The GIST scholarship program 2023 offers courses and projects focused on research, As a GIST students gain access to cutting-edge information in the scientific and technological fields. Moreover, the GIST scholarship program is a joint initiative between the university and the South Korean Ministry of Science and Technology.
In order to foster scientific technologists and inspire greater innovation, the ministry fully funds GIST students. The university accomplishes this by providing students with numerous research- and science-oriented majors.
You can apply for various areas in universities of Korea, GIST program covers a wide range of disciplines, from electrical and computer engineering to materials science and mechanics to earth and environmental engineering to biology and chemistry and even nano biomolecules and electronics and even artificial intelligence.
Sponsorship of Korean GIST Scholarships:
As a foreign student, you will receive full tuition support, and have your fees eliminated entirely.
- Monthly compensation of 140,000 Won (about $1,200) will be provided to master’s degree student
- If you are a Ph.D. student a monthly grant of 295,000 Won will be provided.
- Master’s and doctoral students will each get a 100,000 Won monthly stipend to cover meal expenses.
- Expenses related to a one-way journey to Korea will be compensated.
- 60% coverage of national health care is provided. Checkups with a doctor once a year are also covered by health insurance.
- In order to receive the 120,000 Won international student allowance, candidates must maintain a 3.5 or better GPA out of 4.5 in the previous semester.
- To qualify for the student and meal allowance, you need to have completed at least 9 courses in the preceding semester.
- A Master’s student working on a research project will receive an annual stipend of 5,461,249 won, and any Doctoral student working on a research project would receive a yearly stipend of 12,513,688 won.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for GIST Scholarship:
- Before enrolling at GIST, you must have (or anticipate having) a final degree.
- To be eligible for the GIST scholarship program you must be an overseas student
- As an applicant, you must have a degree that is comparable to a bachelor’s degree in Korea.
- To be a successful candidate your English language skills must be proficient.
Documents Required to Apply for the GIST Scholarship:
- Official transcripts and degrees are required. Copies of transcripts that have been notarized or with an apostil are acceptable alternatives.
- The recommenders’ signatures and institutional seals must appear on two separate letters of recommendation.
- Individual recommenders are not required to submit letters independently.
- The minimum acceptable score on an official English language test report is 327 on the NEW TEPS, 80 on the TOEFL (BT), or 550 on the TOEFL (PBT). In the event that you do not receive your exam results promptly. An official English language certificate is available from your native institution.
- A passport photocopy must be attached to the application.
How to Apply for a GIST Scholarship?
- The application for the GIST South Korea scholarship should be submitted online.
- The candidate must pay a 680,000 matriculation fee; however, the charge may be waived at the discretion of the department head or college dean.
- You must take your time filling out the GIST online application form to ensure a successful submission.
- To avoid confusion, please write NA in place of any blanks.
Deadline to apply for GIST Scholarship:
The last date to apply for the GIST scholarship is April 15, 2023.