You need to opt for a Germany Study VISA if you manage to obtain admission to a German University in 2023. The students winning German Scholarship funding are also required to apply for a German study VISA.
How to Apply For A German Student VISA?
The Study VISA for Germany application process is a bit confusing and some take a lot of effort to fully understand it. The procedure usually varies from country to country but some general steps are the same which are explained below:
- First, check your eligibility for German Study VISA here.
- The first and foremost step you have to take while applying for a student visa is to find a consulate or embassy near you. It can be in your country or any other country near you. You can find this information on google by searching the websites on which every detail about the embassy is given such as an address, phone number, etc.
- Once you have reached the website look for the student visa section. Review all the requirements for the visa application in your country. After reviewing all the requirements set up a visa appointment for yourself. Just make sure you have all the documents needed for a visa appointment.
- Once you are ready you should apply for a visa appointment by the following step to step procedure given on the website. Sometimes you have to apply earlier as the embassies are having a very tight schedule because of a lot of appointments. So, for this purpose, you have to act fast as sometimes the slots are fully booked.
- Once you get your visa appointment date make sure you have all the documents ready needed to apply for the visa. This is not a difficult task and you can surely do it by yourself instead of paying the agents for your visa application.
- The last and most important thing you need to do is to prepare yourself for an interview. There are tons of materials available online that you can use to prepare for the interview. Keep n mind that you have to be stress-free while living the interview. Additionally, you have to pay a visa fee of (€60.00 – €75.00) and should have a confirmation of payment at the time of the visa as without it your visa application will not be accepted.
When To Apply For a German Student Visa?
You need to apply for the visa immediately after you receive the admission confirmation letter from the university and when you have all the funds necessary to cover your living expenses in Germany.
If you are waiting for the scholarship and you haven’t got it yet, then you can apply for a visa based on your personal financial statement or money in the bank account. Either way, you have to hurry to apply for a student visa because sometimes it takes time to get one.
Processing Time for German Student Visa?
Normally, 25 days are required by the embassy to process the student visa application. But it depends upon different factors such as the country or the embassy you apply to. Apart from this, all other types of German visa applications proceed in 3 months.
What is Germany University Admission Applicant VISA?
It is the type of visa which is granted when you need to go to Germany to apply in person for university admission. The visa duration is for three months but can be extended for six months depending upon the conditions.
Furthermore, if you get an admission letter from a German university during your stay then you can always switch towards the German student visa from a German application visa and can also get a residence permit for studying in Germany.
When do you need a German Study VISA?
German Study VISA is Valid for the following purposes of your visit to Germany:
- You can study a language course which will be not academic. The course must be for 3-12 months, with approximately 18 hours of study per week. However, the course should not prepare you for further studies.
- Sometimes pre-academic courses are offered for more than 3 months preparing you for further full-time academic studies.
- You can always learn the German language by taking short language courses which will help you to prepare for your studies in the German language as well as daily routine communication.
- A German student visa allows you to prepare for ‘Studienkolleg’ which is a course that will prepare you for the university qualification test known as ‘Feststellungsprüfung. If you pass this test you will be given a university-recognized qualification for entrance to the university. This qualification certificate is known as ‘Hochschulzugangsberechtigung’ and is only given in the case when your school leaving certificate from a foreign university is not recognized by any university in Germany.
- You can have Propaedeutic course studies in Germany on a student visa which gives the student language and academic skills you need to know for education methodology and system in Germany. moreover, this service must be provided by the education institute you are studying at.
- In some universities, there must be a precondition of internship for admission to the university. So, you can participate in the internship for this purpose under a student visa.
- Under a German student visa, you can have full-time studies in any relevant subject in any of the recognized German universities. You can study at any level such as undergraduate or postgraduate.
You can get a German student visa for the number of activities listed above.