In 2024, Portugal is experiencing a large amount of skill shortages in various sectors, mirroring a global trend where the available workforce’s skills do not fully align with the current market demands. This article aims to guide skilled workers worldwide, offering insights into the opportunities within Portugal’s evolving job and tradesmen market with helpful recommendations about Portugal’s Top Ranked Recruitment and employment visa assistance agencies.
Overall Job Growth and Specific Job Categories in Portugal
Portugal’s job market demonstrates significant demand in specific sectors, despite a moderate overall employment growth forecast. Key sectors facing skill shortages include information and communication technologies, business support centers, healthcare, hospitality, agriculture, construction, and renewable energy.
Understanding Portugal’s Skill Shortage:
Portugal’s labor market is characterized by a mismatch of skills, with certain professions facing a high shortage. This includes health professionals, ICT professionals, and technicians, driven by an aging population and a growing digital economy. However, the challenge is not only the lack of talent but also the migration of skilled workers to other countries due to more attractive career opportunities and better work conditions elsewhere. This phenomenon indicates a need for improvement in work conditions and salary structures within Portugal to retain and attract talent.
New Skill Shortage Trades in Portugal in 2024
In 2024, Portugal’s job market shows a demand for a variety of skilled professionals:
- Information & Communication Technologies: This sector has a high demand for software developers, data analysts, cybersecurity specialists, and IT engineers.
- Business Support Centers: There’s a need for professionals in sales administration, human resources, accounting, and management control.
- Healthcare: Doctors and nurses with different specializations are in high demand.
- Hospitality & Tourism: Professionals related to hotels, restaurants, bars, cafes, and tourism are sought after.
- Agriculture: Seasonal workers, particularly fruit and vegetable pickers, are needed.
- Construction: Skilled tradespeople like plumbers and electricians are in demand.
- Renewable Energy: Experts in development and implementation are required.
New List of Top 10 Skill Shortage Jobs in Portugal in 2024:
Here is the latest list of top 10 skill shortages occupations in Portugal as per January 2024 report:
- Software Developers
- Sales Representatives
- Digital Marketing Specialists
- Technical Support Advisors
- IT Professionals
- Customer Service Agents
- Healthcare Professionals (including Doctors)
- Business Support Professionals (HR, Accounting, etc.)
Portugal’s Recruitment Agencies To Find Jobs With Work VISA
For those interested in exploring job opportunities in Portugal, several recruitment agencies and online platforms cater to both general and sector-specific needs and as per my research here are some recommendations:
When embarking on a job search in Portugal, selecting the right recruitment agency is vital, especially for international candidates seeking visa assistance. The following agencies are highly recommended, each excelling in different sectors:
General Recruitment Agencies for Portugal:
- Michael Page: An internationally renowned agency, Michael Page offers extensive services in various sectors such as finance, IT, engineering, and marketing. Their broad expertise can cater to a wide range of professional needs.
- Robert Walters: This global agency is particularly focused on executive and senior-level positions across diverse industries. It’s an excellent choice for high-level professionals seeking advanced career opportunities.
- Adecco: As a global leader with a strong presence in Portugal, Adecco covers a broad spectrum of roles and is known for offering visa assistance, making it a great option for international job seekers.
- Page Personnel: Part of the Michael Page group, Page Personnel is known for its personalized approach to recruitment. They offer expertise in various sectors, making them a versatile choice for job seekers.
Tech and Digital Sector Staffing Agencies for Portugal
- Michael Page Technology: A dedicated tech division within Michael Page, specializing in software, IT infrastructure, and cybersecurity. It’s ideal for professionals in the technology sector.
- Reimagine Technology: This agency focuses on tech startups and scale-ups in Portugal. It’s particularly suited for young and innovative professionals looking to work in dynamic and emerging tech environments.
- XLR8: A leading Portuguese agency specializing in IT and digital recruitment. They have strong industry connections, which can be invaluable for job seekers in the tech space.
Labor/Other Employment Staffing Agencies for Portugal
- Kelly Services: A large global agency with a division specializing in healthcare and life sciences, suitable for medical professionals seeking opportunities in these fields.
- EduSearch Worldwide: An international agency focusing on education recruitment. It is an excellent choice for teachers and educators looking for opportunities in Portugal.
- Michael Page Legal: A dedicated legal recruitment division within Michael Page, ideal for lawyers and legal professionals seeking career opportunities in the legal sector.
Portugal Work Visa Assistance Agencies
- Atlys Legal: An immigration law firm specializing in Portugal visas. They offer comprehensive support, which can be crucial for international job seekers unfamiliar with the Portuguese visa process.
- Portugal Golden Visa: This agency focuses on Portugal’s Golden Visa program, which is an investment-based residency option. It can be a suitable choice for those looking to combine their investment and residency goals.
- Abacus Immigration Services: An international firm offering visa assistance for Portugal, including work and residency permits. This can be particularly helpful for those needing specialized immigration support.
So in summary, just like last year, Portugal work visa sponsorship jobs are still available in 2024 but there are some changes that i have mentioned in this new article which is valid for 2024.