Victoria University of Wellington proudly offers the Tongarewa Scholarship to international students for the year 2024. This scholarship reflects the university’s commitment to its diverse international community, offering financial assistance for tuition fees.
The Tongarewa Scholarships are partial fee-based scholarships provided for one year of study. They are open to international students either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or commencing a postgraduate degree at Victoria University of Wellington. The awards are granted based on academic excellence and are applied to the subsequent year’s tuition fees.
Tongarewa Scholarship Details
- Tenure: One year
- Closing Dates: June 1, 2024
- Levels: Master’s Research, Master’s by coursework, All postgraduate, First year students, School leaver
- Scholarship is for: International students only
- Value: $5,000 or $10,000
Additional Benefits: Successful candidates are guaranteed a place in one of the university’s Halls of Residence, subject to an accommodation application being submitted on time.
- Must be international students paying full international fees.
- Entering the first year of an undergraduate degree or a postgraduate degree.
- Not eligible if:
- Completed secondary education in New Zealand.
- Completed the English for Academic Purposes (EAP) or Foundation Studies Programme.
- Are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from partner universities.
- Are in the second year of the same degree programme at Victoria University.
Tongarewa Scholarship Application Process
The application method for the Tongarewa scholarship is quite simple as students just need to submit an online application for it.
- Complete an online application of Tongarewa scholarship by 4:30 pm on the closing date.
- Supporting documentation, including references, must be received by the deadline.
Scholarship Specific Documentation
- A personal statement of up to 500 words.
- Full transcripts and other relevant documentation.
- An admission offer of place from Victoria University of Wellington.
Selection Process: A panel comprising Wellington University International staff will make the selection.
Additional Information: The scholarships are credited to tuition fees after the final withdrawal date of the awarded trimester’s courses.
Regulations and Conditions
- The scholarship must be used in the awarded year and cannot be deferred.
- The scholarship may be held alongside other awards.
- Partial repayment is expected if the recipient withdraws or fails to make satisfactory progress.
- Recipients are expected to act as Ambassadors for the University and participate in events or marketing if requested.
- Special circumstances may allow for modifications to the terms and conditions.
- Apply online for Trimester 2, 2024 by 1 June 2024.
- Apply online for Trimester 3, 2024 by 1 September 2024.
This Victoria University of Wellington’s Tongarewa scholarship 2024 offers a significant opportunity for international students to advance their education at one of New Zealand’s leading universities.