We are talking about finding jobs in USA at 72000+ coffee serving cafes and restaurants in 2023 (Citation ibisWorld) where you will actually see thousands of job openings and this is one of the big reason contributing to this fact that restaurant/cafe jobs in US are among skill shortages because this actually became very hard for restaurant owners to find skilled/experienced chefs, baristas, and skilled culinary workers. This is why i see a huge gap which i think my job seeking audience can try to fill in by searching for chef, barista, and cooking related jobs in US market in 2023 for which you will also be given a US work visa.
In the United States as a barista/cook/chef you can find many job positions to start your career either as a cook, chef, espresso specialist, or general coffee shop worker. But for that you would need proper chef course/vocational training with work experience, a barista course certification with proven work experience (Ref ECPI.edu).
Whereas if you have these required qualifications then you can easily find employment at any US restaurant, cafe, coffee shop, or hotel and with that many major cities are home to gourmet coffee kiosks that are always on the lookout for competent baristas/chefs.
What does it Require To Become a Coffee Barista in the USA?
- To have a job as a coffee barista in America you should have an enthusiasm for coffee, a dedication to providing outstanding customer service, and a skill of good communication are all essential.
- Possession of a current Food Handler’s Permit is an edge for you to have a job.
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for high-quality products Required
- You must have the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- The ability to handle critical customer situations with ease is required.
- If you possess a positive attitude and a good sense of humor you are a good candidate for the job as a coffee barista.
- A good coffee barista Seeks out feedback and is excited about self-growth and improvement within the context of the job.
Job Benefits of Chef, or Baristas in America:
- As an employee of any Hotel & Resort, you will be entitled to a wide range of enticing perks.
- Free, nutritious meals are provided; discounts are available for room bookings at concerned Hotels & Resorts and Historic Hotels of America.
- Free parking service is available, Theatres offer two-for-one movie tickets.
- You have the Possibility of advancing in your position and moving between different hotels within the same organization without interrupting your service.
- Vacation time with pay is given.
- Average Pay raise every year.
- Vacation, jury duty, and death-in-the-family benefits are provided
- Advantages such as health care, dental care, eye care, a life insurance policy, a retirement plan, and a helpline for employees in times of need are offered.
- If you work hard Awards and honors are announced.
- Payouts for referring coworkers are not capped.
Food Chains in America Offering Jobs for Chef or Coffee Baristas:
Employment in the food service industry, including all subsectors, is expected to grow by 17 percent from 2020 to 2030, significantly faster than the average for all occupations. Over the next decade, there are expected to be a total of 1,032,100 job openings in the food and beverage serving industry and related fields (Ref bls.gov).
Many of these job vacancies will arise as a direct result of the need to replace workers who switch careers or otherwise leave the job so following food chains of America provide jobs for coffee baristas or chefs;
- Dutch Bros Coffee
- Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- Peet’s Coffee & Tea
The average salary of a coffee barista in America: On an average coffee barista in America earns annual salary of $29,250 (Ref talent.com) whereas a chef in US earns an annual salary of $58000 (Ref Glassdoor)
List of 5-star Hotels Offering Jobs for Chefs, Coffee Baristas:
- Marriott International, Inc hotel and resorts
- Hyatt Regency Salt Lake City hotels
- Hilton Aventura Hotels
- Loews Hotels & Co
- Charlestowne Hotel
- Pfister Hotels