DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Programme 2022 | Fully Funded
The Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst (DAAD) is offering the Helmut Schmidt Scholarships for the batch of 2022-2023; which is one of the top scholarships in Germany that targets students who come from developing countries.
Many students from these developing countries apply and they are approved for the DAAD scholarship and they get the opportunity to be enrolled in various universities in Germany. The students are awarded these DAAD scholarships to study courses that are taught in both German and English languages.
Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Coverage
Students who are approved for this scholarship have the chance to be enrolled in German universities. The scholarship also comes with a monthly allowance that will help you cater to daily expenses. It also has a provision for health allowance and travel stipends.
The benefits that a student gets with the DAAD scholarship include:
- appropriate travel allowance
- Scholarship of monthly 850 € for selected master´s programmes at German institutions of higher education
- contributions to health insurance in Germany
- study and research subsidy
- The study programmes are usually starting in Sep/Oct 2021 and are taught in German and/or English.
- monthly rent subsidy where applicable
- allowances for spouses and/or children where applicable
- 6-months-German language course from April 2021 up to the end of September 2021. The language course takes place at selected institutes in Germany and usually not at the universities of the selected
master´s programmes. The language course is compulsory also for
those who attend a master´s course taught in English.
The DAAD Helmut-Schmidt-Programme (known as Public Policy and Good Governance) supports future leaders from developing countries (see list of countries), who want to promote democracy and social justice in their home countries.
The programme, which is funded by the German Federal Foreign Office, offers the chance to acquire a Master’s degree in Master programmes of particular relevance for the social, political, and economic development in the students’ countries of origin.
In the light of the principles of Good Governance, highly qualified graduates with a first academic degree are being educated in political science, law, economics, and administration and prepared for future leading positions in their home countries.
Helmut Schmidt Scholarship Selection Criteria
Main DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship selection criteria:
- expected benefit when returning to the home country or region
- political and social engagement
- language skills (every university has different language proficiency requirements)
- convincing description of the subject-related and personal motivation for the study project in German
- An academic degree with far above average results (upper third)
Steps to Apply for DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship:
Applications for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship 2022 must be submitted in German or English. Please indicate that you are applying for the DAAD Helmut-Schmidt Programme (Master’s scholarships for Public Policy and Good Governance).
You are allowed to submit your application for up to two master`s courses listed below.
- Fill in the DAAD Application form for Research Grants and Study Scholarships (annex 2) only once making clear which study course is your first and which is your second priority.
- Write a single letter of motivation for both university courses you choose, justifying your first and second priority choice.
- Send the DAAD scholarship form together with the letter of motivation and accompanied by the necessary documents listed below to the two universities of your choice.
International candidates can continue to apply for the DAAD Helmut Schmidt Scholarship program until July 30, 2022.
This is well appreciated
My name is Jenny. I was wondering if the DAAD scholarships for Masters in Architecture are open yet?
And also if I apply for the DAAD postgraduate scholarship, can I also apply or the DAAD scholarships for Masters in Architecture as well?
Thanks and my kindest regards,