Are you interested in advancing your education in Transportation Sciences? Hasselt University in Belgium offers an exceptional opportunity for students around the globe through two notable scholarship programs for its Master of Transportation Sciences program.
Why Choose UHasselt’s Master of Transportation Sciences?
- Duration and Format: 120 ECTS program, available both as a full-time on-campus course (2 years) or part-time via distance learning (3 years).
- Internships: Gain valuable professional experience through international internships.
- Expert Faculty: Learn from internationally renowned experts in transportation and traffic safety.
- Specializations Available: Choose between Traffic Safety or Transport Planning & Policy.
- Location: Study in the heart of Europe, close to countries like Germany, the Netherlands, France, and the UK.
Here’s an overview of what these UHasselt scholarships entail and why you should consider applying.
1# VLIR-UOS Scholarship 2024
This scholarship is a golden chance for students from developing countries with a keen interest in traffic safety. The VLIR-UOS scholarship focuses on supporting those who wish to contribute significantly to societal changes in their home countries.
What Does It Cover?
The scholarship comprehensively covers tuition fees, travel expenses, insurance, and living costs. It’s designed to alleviate the financial burden on students, enabling them to focus solely on their academic and professional growth.
- Academic excellence and motivation.
- The potential for contributing to societal change in the student’s home country.
- Enrollment in the Master of Transportation Sciences program, particularly focusing on Traffic Safety in Low & Middle-Income Countries.
2# Master Mind Scholarship 2024
The Master Mind scholarship is an initiative by the Flemish Government, aimed at attracting exceptionally talented students from Flanders and around the world.
Eligibility and Benefits
While specific details regarding eligibility and the scholarship value are not specified, the program targets outstanding students enrolled in a master’s program at a Flemish university.
- A university degree or equivalent higher education diploma.
- For professional bachelor’s degree holders, a link program is required (only available for Dutch-speaking students).
- Preference for degrees linked to transportation sciences or relevant experience.
- Proficiency in English, evidenced by CAE, IELTS, or TOEFL scores.
- Certain exemptions apply based on previous education in English.
A compelling letter of motivation is crucial, highlighting your academic achievements, English proficiency, and reasons for choosing this specific program.
Application Process and Deadlines
- Deadlines: 1st May for non-EEA citizens and 1st September for EEA citizens.
- Procedure: Complete online pre-registration, choose your specialization, and send certified hard copies of academic credentials.
How to Apply for VLIR-UOS & Master Minds Scholarship at UHasselt?
The application process for the Uhasselt Scholarship involves a few key steps:
- Online Application: Begin by completing the online pre-registration at Hasselt University’s official website. Ensure all required fields are filled in and necessary documents are uploaded.
- Program Selection: During the online application, choose either “VLIR-UOS or Master Minds” scholarship and submit your application.
- Submission of Hard Copies: Send certified hard copies of your degree certificates and academic transcripts by postal mail to Hasselt University. If your documents are not in English, French, Dutch, or German, include certified translations
The ICP (International Course Programme) Scholarship at Hasselt University presents an exceptional opportunity for students from developing countries to pursue a Master’s degree in Transportation Sciences, with a specific focus on Traffic Safety in Low & Middle-Income Countries. This scholarship, funded by VLIR-UOS, is designed to support academically talented individuals who are keen to develop skills and knowledge that can drive significant societal changes in their home countries.
- Academic bachelor degree in relevant fields with a minimum grade of distinction.
- Sufficient English proficiency (CAE, IELTS, or TOEFL).
Covers tuition, travel, insurance, and living costs for the entire duration of the 2-year program.
Application Deadline: 1st February 2024, including both online application and hard copies submission.