SINGA 2023 Scholarships by A*STAR Singapore International Graduate Awards are now open for online applications for international students.
Singapore International Graduate Awards, commonly known as SINGA are open for application. These awards are for those international students who want to pursue Ph.D. in Singapore. The application procedure, benefits of the award, other details of this scholarship are described below:
SINGA Scholarship Specifications:
This scholarship is for bachelor’s and master’s level students who want to take up a Ph.D. program in one of the top universities in Singapore. The affiliated institutions of this scholarship are, Singapore University of Technology and Design (SUTD), Nanyang Technological University (NTU), and the National University of Singapore (NUS).
SINGA Scholarship Coverage Plan:
This is a fully-funded SINGA scholarship program that funds the doctoral studies of its recipients for up to four years. The benefits of this Singaporean scholarship are:
- A full tuition fee waiver.
- Monthly stipend ranging from $2,000 to $2,500.
- A one-time allowance for settlement purposes of $1,000.
- One-time Airfare for traveling to and from Singapore of $1,500.
Eligibility Criteria for SINGA Scholarships:
The candidates interested to apply for this Singapore’s SINGA Scholarship should:
- Be bachelor’s or master’s level students interested in taking up a Ph.D. program in Singapore.
- Have an undergraduate or graduate degree in Biomedical Sciences, Engineering, Physical Science, or a related subject area.
- Have above-average English speaking and writing skills.
- Have good references from their professors and/or employers.
Application Procedure for SINGA:
For applying to the SINGA scholarships, a candidate has to fill in the online application available on the SINGA website.
All the information provided on the application form should be correct to the best of the applicant’s knowledge. There will be many scholarships appearing once an applicant signs up for an account, but, they have to make sure to apply to the SINGA.
Applicants are advised to have prepared their reference letters ahead of time so that they can upload them along with their application forms.
Documents to be submitted for SINGA Scholarships:
Following documents need to be submitted along with the SINGA Scholarships application:
- Scanned copy of the applicant’s passport
- One passport-sized photo
- Bachelor’s degree and transcript
- Master’s degree and transcript (if applicable)
- Study plan
- Research Proposal
- Two recommendation letters from teachers and/or employers.
- Test scores or IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, SAT, etc. (optional).
Deadline of 2023 SINGA Scholarships Application June 1, 2022:
Students who wish to get the SINGA scholarship for the 2023 intake should make sure that they submit their application and all of the required documents on or before 1st June 2022.
Within this SINGA scholarship program 2023, candidates from all over the world will be able to experience a rich culture and diversity. There are about 240 scholarships available. The host institutions are some of the best institutions in Singapore having a reputation for world-class research and competence.
Applicants will have to pay no application fee and they will be taught entirely in English. Applicants are only required to submit their documents’ scanned copies. There is no need to mail the hard copies of the documents straight to the scholarship committee’s office.
Thoroughly read the SINGA Scholarship application form before submitting it as there is no possibility of making changes to the already submitted application. This scholarship is sponsored by the Agency for Science, Technology, and Research, Singapore.