As the application period for the Study in Canada Scholarships 2024-2025 is about to commence in the first quarter of 2024, this article is dedicated to guiding international students through the application process, outlining the prerequisites, and detailing the necessary documentation. The Study in Canada scholarship is an initiative of the Canadian government that offers an extraordinary chance for international students to engage in short-term study or research projects in Canadian post-secondary institutions, thereby fostering global connections and promoting academic excellence.
Who’s funding Study in Canada Scholarships in 2024?
The Study in Canada Scholarships are designed to enhance the international presence of Canadian educational institutions, allowing them to build and diversify their global linkages. Funded by Global Affairs Canada, these scholarships support the Government of Canada’s broader international trade diversification efforts and aim to strengthen bilateral relationships through educational exchanges.
To be eligible for this study in Canada scholarship for the session of 2024-2025, applicants must:
- Be enrolled full-time at a post-secondary institution in their home country and pay tuition fees at the time of application and throughout the exchange period.
- Be citizens of eligible countries in Asia (Nepal, Bangladesh, Taiwan), Europe (Ukraine, Türkiye), Middle East and North Africa (Morocco, Egypt, Jordan, Algeria, Tunisia), or Sub-Saharan Africa (Ethiopia, Burkina Faso, Uganda, Ivory Coast, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, Tanzania, Kenya, Ghana).
Canadian institutions must be Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) with valid student exchange agreements, particularly for college/undergraduate study.
Sponsorship Value of Study in Canada Scholarship 2024
The Study in Canada scholarship provides a range of funding opportunities tailored to different levels of study. For college or undergraduate students participating in a 4-month program, the scholarship offers $10,200. Graduate students have two options: a 4-month program with the same amount of $10,200, or an extended 5-6 month program, where the funding increases to $12,700.
This financial support is designed to cover various expenses associated with studying abroad, including visa fees, airfare, health insurance, living expenses, transportation, and essential study materials. This Canadian government scholarship aims to ease the financial burden on international students and ensure a smooth educational experience in Canada.
How to Apply for Study in Canada 2024-2025 Scholarship?
I refer all the students who want to take advantage of this scholarship to read the updated application process at the official Study in Canada scholarships portal and then prepare the following set of documents for application:
List of Required Documents for Scholarship Application Submission:
- Signed Privacy Notice Statement
- Proof of citizenship (passport or national identity card)
- Invitation letter from Canadian supervisor (for graduate students)
- Letter of intent, proof of full-time enrollment, and support from the home institution
- Signed MOU or Agreement with partner institution
Applications are evaluated based on the merit of the proposed study or research, benefits to the home and Canadian institutions, and the strength of the proposed exchange linkages.
As per expectations the application deadline for study in Canada scholarship for the batch of 2024-2025 will be March 21, 2024. Successful applicants will be notified in spring, and Canadian institutions are responsible for informing the students. Selected students can arrive between August 1, 2024, and February 1, 2025.