Turkey Work Visa 2023 – The government of Turkey requires a work visa and a work permit from all foreign nationals except the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus in order to work in Turkey. You can only apply for a Turkish work visa if you possess a valid job offer and a job contract in Turkey. You can apply for a work visa two months before your intended departure date. Turkish work visa application is a little bit different from other visa types because a work visa requires both the employee and the employer to submit documents.
Turkish Work VISA | Application Process:
Turkish work visa application requires the employee to apply for a work visa while the employer applies for a work permit with the Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security (MLSS). A work permit is like a residence permit and allows a person to stay and work in Turkey.
In order to apply for a Turkish work visa, you need to submit your complete application file to the Turkish consulate/embassy in your country. In some countries, this process is outsourced to third-party visa application agencies. Once you fill out the application form, you will receive a date for your visa interview. At the interview, you will be submitting your application form and the following documents:
- A job offer and contract
- Two photographs
- Police clearance certificate
- Round-trip flight tickets
- Proof of housing/accommodation in Turkey
- Medical insurance
- Financial statements (the Turkish consulate requires you to prove that you will be able to sustain your livelihood in Turkey. you should have at least €50 for each day of your stay in Turkey.)
- Diploma, provisional graduation certificate, or equivalency certificate.
During the interview, the visa officer will ask you questions about your job history and background. It is important to be relaxed and answer every question with the utmost honesty and confidence. Once you have taken the interview, inform your employer in Turkey to submit relevant documents to the Turkish Ministry of Labor and Social Security (MLSS) within ten working days to apply for your work permit.
Types of Work Permits in Turkey:
There are four separate types of work permits in Turkey:
- A temporary work permit is initially granted for one year and can only be applied for by the employer on behalf of the employee. After one year the temporary work permit can be renewed for two more years.
- A permanent work permit is issued to people who have at least six years of legal work experience in Turkey or have resided in Turkey interruptedly for the last eight years.
- An Independent work permit is issued to those people who have been staying in Turkey for five years consecutively. These individuals contribute positively to the Turkish economy and are thus granted an independent work permit.
- The turquoise card is issued to individuals who have completed a certain level of education, have extensive work experience, and show the potential to contribute positively toward the economic and technological advancement of Turkey. A turquoise cardholder enjoys all the benefits that are granted to a Turkish citizen.
List of High-Paying Professions in Turkey in 2023
Turkey offers a variety of high-paying jobs for those looking to move or live there. Here is a list of some of the best options:
Turkish Work Visa Cost:
The cost of a Turkish work visa varies from country to country. The cost of a Turkish work permit is as follows:
|Type of Work Permit||Cost|
|Temporary Work Permit (for one year)||€119|
|Permanent Work Permit||€1189|
|Independent Work Permit||€1189|
The application form for Turkey Work VISA can be accessed here.