The Umeå University Scholarships for 2024 provide a unique opportunity for non-European students to pursue master’s programs in Sweden with financial support, including full or partial tuition fee waivers and monthly allowances. Our article delves into the details of these scholarships, covering eligibility criteria, application processes, and the broad range of master’s programs available at this esteemed university.
Umeå University in Sweden is renowned for its commitment to fostering academic excellence, and its scholarship programs for 2024 are a testament to this ethos. Catering to talented students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA), these scholarships offer a golden opportunity for those seeking to pursue master’s level studies in a world-class environment.
Established in 1965, Umeå University is one of Sweden’s youngest yet most progressive institutions. Located in northern Sweden, it has quickly risen to prominence, becoming a hub for education and research in the region and beyond.
Umeå University Scholarship Details
- Deadline: January 15, 2024
- Level: Master’s
- Funding: Full or partial tuition fee waivers and a monthly allowance
- Target Group: Non-European students
Available Master’s Programs:
Umeå University offers a plethora of one-year (M1) and two-year (M2) master’s programs, all taught in English. Prospective students should visit the university’s website for up-to-date information on available programs and admission requirements.
Umeå University Scholarship Programs for 2024
- University of Umeå International Student Scholarship: Offers full or partial tuition fee waivers.
- Erling-Persson Scholarship for International Students in Public Health: Sponsored by the Erling-Persson Foundation, it provides eight non-European students with full tuition waivers and a monthly allowance of 3,000 Swedish crowns (approximately 293 US dollars).
- Design by Umeå Scholarships for International Students: In collaboration with Umeå municipality, this scholarship offers full or partial tuition fee waivers.
- Be a non-EU/EEA and non-Swiss citizen.
- Complete the master’s program application by January 15, 2024.
- Prioritize a University of Umeå program on the university admissions website.
- Choose a Program: Select a master’s program that aligns with your interests and academic background. Check specific admission conditions for your chosen program.
- Complete Scholarship Application Form: Log back into the admissions website and fill out the application form, ensuring that the University of Umeå program is your top choice.
- Submit Documents: Provide the necessary documents to prove your eligibility for the applied courses and programs.
- Master’s Program Application: January 15, 2024
- Document Submission: February 1, 2024
- Admission Results: March 21, 2024
The Umeå University scholarships are more than financial aids; they are passports to a world-class education, offering students a chance to grow academically and personally in a nurturing environment. With its diverse range of programs and a commitment to international students, Umeå University stands as a beacon of academic excellence in Northern Europe.