For many international students, the prospect of studying at Scotland’s University of Dundee in 2024 comes with significant financial considerations. Scottish students benefit from free tuition but must cover living expenses, while students from the rest of the UK pay £9,250 per year. The cost escalates for international students, with a hefty fee of £21,900 annually, and with that, they also have to pay for their living expenses. Considering these expenses, securing a scholarship is not just beneficial but often crucial.
Scholarship Opportunities at Dundee in 2024
The University of Dundee offers a range of scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate students, both for domestic and international students and all these scholarships are crucial in making education accessible and affordable. But before we talk about scholarships let’s first explore the language and eligibility requirements of University of Dundee.
English language requirements of University of Dundee
The University of Dundee requires applicants to demonstrate proficiency in English to be eligible for admission to both undergraduate and postgraduate programs. The university accepts several English language tests to satisfy this requirement. Here are the accepted tests and their minimum score requirements:
- IELTS (Academic): Minimum score of 6.0 overall, with no band below 5.5.
- Pearson PTE Academic UKVI: Minimum score of 63 overall, with no score below 50 in any of the four skills.
- Trinity ISE: Minimum score of C1 (Advanced) in both Speaking and Writing.
- LanguageCert SELT: Minimum score of B2 (Upper Intermediate) in all four skills.
These tests are designed to assess the applicant’s listening, reading, writing, and speaking abilities in English. The specific score requirements ensure that students have the necessary language skills to succeed in their academic pursuits at the University of Dundee. Additionally, the university may consider other English language qualifications on a case-by-case basis. International students should contact the university directly if they have questions about which test is suitable for them.
Eligibility Requirements for Undergrad and Postgrad Admissions
The University of Dundee has set eligibility criteria for both undergraduate and postgraduate admissions, which vary depending on the applicant’s background:
Undergraduate Entry Requirements
- Scottish Students: SQA Higher qualifications with relevant subjects and grades as required for the chosen program.
- Rest of the UK Students: Typically, three A-levels or equivalent qualifications with specific grades depending on the course.
- International Students: Equivalent qualifications recognized by the University, often with specific subject requirements and minimum grades.
Postgraduate Entry Requirements
- For All Applicants: A UK bachelor’s degree with an upper second-class honors (2:1) or equivalent qualification. Some programs may accept lower grades or third-class honors with relevant work experience.
- Other Requirements: Some programs may require additional documentation such as personal statements, interviews, reference letters, academic transcripts, CV/resume, personal statement, research proposals, and GRE/GMAT scores depending on the program.
List of Scholarships Offered at University of Dundee in 2024
University of Dundee is offering scholarships for Bachelor’s, masters, as well as for PhD admissions in 2024. International students from Africa, Asia, Europe, Oceania, and many other regions can apply for these University of Dundee scholarships.
- June 30, 2024: Deadline for international undergraduate applicants.
- January 25, 2024: Deadline for most undergraduate programs through UCAS (for UK and EU applicants).
- July 31, 2024: Deadline for most postgraduate programs, except DBA.
- January 17, 2024: Deadline for most postgraduate programs for January 2024 entry.