The University of Sheffield is delighted to announce various scholarships for the classes starting in 2024 including International Postgraduate Scholarship 2024 which is aimed at supporting international students from select regions. All of these scholarships offered by the University of Sheffield are for the degree programmes starting in September 2024.
- Faculty of Arts and Humanities and Faculty of Social Sciences: £2,000.
- Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Health, and Faculty of Science: £2,500.
- Sponsorship for tuition fees waiver, stipend, and research expenses born by other scholarships.
- The scholarship is applied as a tuition fee discount, with no separate application required.
Eligibility and English Language Requirements
- Program Eligibility: Full-time and part-time students are eligible, excluding those in online or distance learning programs. Students are requested to check degree/program specific eligibility criteria as well.
- Enrolment: Candidates must be set to begin their master’s programme in September 2024 at the University of Sheffield.
- Offer Acceptance: The scholarship is contingent on accepting the course offer by 4.00 pm (UK time) on June 14, 2024.
- Automatic Award: Eligible students are automatically considered for the scholarship.
English Language Requirements of the University of Sheffield in 2024
The University of Sheffield has set specific English language requirements for its courses. For undergraduate courses, international students are required to have a minimum IELTS score of 6.0, with at least 5.5 in each component.
For postgraduate courses, the requirement is slightly higher, with a minimum overall IELTS score of 6.5 and no less than 6.0 in each component. It’s important to note that these requirements may vary by department. For detailed information and any department-specific requirements, students should refer to the official University of Sheffield website at English Language Requirements.
To apply for a scholarship at the University of Sheffield, begin by thoroughly reviewing the scholarship details on their official website at University of Sheffield Scholarships. Next, find and apply for a relevant degree program by visiting University of Sheffield’s Degree Application.
Once you have selected your program and understood the scholarship criteria, submit your scholarship application via the University of Sheffield’s official application portal, available at University of Sheffield Application Portal.
Scholarship application will be meticulously evaluated by a panel of senior staff members who will consider various factors including your academic excellence, achievements in diverse areas, and how these align with your future ambitions and chosen course.
Application deadline for University of Sheffield Scholarship 2024
The application deadline for the University of Sheffield International Postgraduate Scholarship 2024 is 1:00 pm (UK time) on Monday, 13 May 2024.
Other Scholarships Offered at University of Sheffield in 2024
The University of Sheffield also offers several other scholarships for 2024, including the Sir Sze-yuen Chung Scholarship, Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust Masters Scholarship, Santuary Scholarship, Chevening Scholarship, MBA scholarship, Africa Scholarship, and others.