DAAD Scholarship 2020-2021 is now open for international students to study for free in German Universities. DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst Scholarship) also known as DAAD Scholarship offers study options in Germany to international students from underdeveloping countries.
A GUIDE TO APPLY FOR THE 2020 DAAD SCHOLARSHIP IN GERMANY
A large number of foreign students are selected for DAAD scholarships to study in Universities of Germany. Several degree programs are offered to students with DAAD scholarship funding, taught both in German as well as in the English language. It is mandatory to have at least 2 years of work experience to apply for the DAAD scholarships program. The period of the course that one has to undertake under the DAAD scholarship program should be for more than twelve months but less than 36 months.
DAAD Scholarship Benefits, Coverage and Stipend
You will get a chance to study in some of the best universities in Germany after winning any of the DAAD Scholarships. The students will also receive health insurance allowance, travel grants as well as a monthly stipend to cope up with the living cost in Germany. Benefits a DAAD scholarship boons students with are listed below:
- Postgraduate students get 750 Euros as a monthly stipend.
- Students who come under the Doctoral degree enjoy a monthly stipend of 1000 Euros.
- The doctoral as well as the master’s degree program students insurance and wellbeing inclusion
- Some travel grants are provided to the students who are under doctoral as well as a master’s program.
- Education is free in universities in Germany.
- Accommodation is completely free in the dorm provided by the university.
DAAD Scholarship Application Requirement
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in hand and it should be at most 6 years old.
- The applicant should have at least 2 years of work experience in his field.
- The requirement of German or English Language totally depends on the degree program the student is opting for.
How to apply for DAAD Scholarship?
- Get the application form for the DAAD scholarship and fill it up with the asked credentials.
- Get the Europas Specimen form and make your CV which must be hand-signed.
- Along with the present occupation reference, the candidate needs to get a Motivation letter which should also be hand-signed.
- If the university asks for a Research proposal then provide it.
- You should also provide a Recommendation letter which you received from your previous university.
- Experience letter from the head under which you had been working.
- A letter of guarantee for re-employment after completing the studies and returning to the respective country (Not Mandatory).
- Proof for English proficiency. Tests scores which are accepted are as follows:-
*German Language: For programs carried in German it’s an important requirement.
*IELTS: Check the website of each university to get the info regarding the band score requirement.
*TOEFL Institutional isn’t acknowledged.
- Search and apply for programs that you would like to undertake in Germany that come under the DAAD scholarship.
- After you have all the required documents as mentioned above, we recommend you to search for other extra documents that are required for the program that you are opting for.
- Universities may take the required documents either online or through postal service or both ways. Check for that on their website.
You can submit your application to the German universities as it is open now and you can also search for the DAAD Scholarship in these universities easily.