If you want to earn an average salary of between 30 to 60 thousand Qatari rials every single month then you need to find a job in Qatar because on an average foreigners are making 30-60k/month salary over there already (Ref raconteur). And you will be excited to know that the list of high demand occupations in Qatar is quite long which commonly includes professions like mason, waitress, sales closers, event managers, architectural/civil engineers, healthcare IEHPS, oil & petroleum industry workers and teachers (Ref Saakin).
So working in Qatar is a dream of many international skilled workers because of great life quality and very high salaries and an opportunity to work is a country of millionaires is a big thing since over 250k Qatar citizens are among world’s richest people (Ref theweek). Qatar was also known to be the third biggest country which is home to world’s highest population of millionaire (Ref dohanews) and as per recent report over 17% of Qatari population comes under the category of millionaire population already (Ref adamfayed).
Now if you want to work in Qatar then you’d need a VISA
As you might be interested to start a job in Qatar as a foreigner you’d be required to obtain a visa for your entry into Qatar and there are basically 5 major types of Qatari visas available to foreigners as listed below:
- Gulf cooperation council resident visa
- Work visa for Qatar
- Tourist visa
- Family visa
- Business visa
So out of these 5 major types you’d need to opt for work visa for Qatar and with that you will also be required to apply for residence permit for Qatar if you are getting employed there and in this article i am going to help you out in how to apply for your new work visa/residence permit for Qatar:
Pre-requisites of applying for a Qatari work visa & residence permit:
Now lets first get familiar with list of documents you would need to submit your application for Qatari work visa:
- Health insurance plan issued by Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) (2023 August Update)
- Your photos (Passport size only)
- You will be required to visit Qatar embassy for your biometric verification
- Your medical health fitness certificate
- Work visa application form issued by ministry of labour
- Your employment invitation/offer/appointment letter
- All of your educational degrees/transcripts
- Immigration license documents of your employer in Qatar
- Your passport with at least 6 month validity remaining
Do you need IELTS to apply for work visa for Qatar?
This is going to be exciting because ministry of interior in Qatar has not specified any requirement for work visa seekers to provide evidence of their English language proficiency henceforth IELTS is not required to apply for work visa for Qatar.
Is there any age limit to apply for Work visa for Qatar?
Yes your age must be under 60 years if you are applying for a job in Qatar government however if you are going to start a job in private sector of Qatar then there is no age cap and you can easily obtain work visa for Qatar at any age in this private sector case.
How to apply for Work VISA for Qatar in 2024?
Direct work visa application for you as a job seeker or an individual who got a job offer from an employer in Qatar is not allowed and instead employers would be pursuing your work visa case in front of ministry of interior Qatar and here is its step by step process:
- You must apply for a job in Qatar (Private/government sector)
- Accept job offer & submit your documents for work visa/residence permit process to your employer
- Then your employer will submit your work visa/residence permit case to Qatar’s ministry of interior by also providing their trade license alongside other documents to obtain immigration/representative card.
- Then that employer will be able to apply for their worker’s work visa for Qatar (Application would be in Arabic language and therefore your employer would be able to do so)
- After application submission by your employer is complete then Qatar’s ministry of labour will approve your case and mark your application for the issuance of Qatar’s work visa
- Upon receiving your work visa – you can travel to Qatar – and within 7 days of your arrival you will be bound to obtain Qatar’s residence permit as well and for that you’d be required to submit your documents to your employer so that they can submit your residence permit application to ministry of labour for final apporval.
How much money will be required to apply for Qatar’s work visa?
Nowadays you would need around QAR 200 for your work visa for your entry in Qatar and anther QAR 500 to apply for conversion of your Qatar’s work visa into residence permit and in most cases this cost is actually born by employers.
Can you track Status of your Qatar’s work VISA application?
Certainly yes you can track the status of your work visa application for Qatar by visiting MoI website from where you will have to navigate to visa services and then slect visa inquiry & printing and there you can check status of your work visa application by adding your passport number or visa application number.