If you are interested in applying for the DAAD scholarships 2021-2022 then you should read this. Attached herewith you will find important information as well as the FAQs and their answers addressing what you need to know about the entire process.
DAAD Scholarship Application Requirement
- The candidate must have a bachelor’s degree in hand and it should be at most 6 years old.
- The applicant should have at least 2 years of work experience in his field.
- The requirement of German or English Language totally depends on the degree program the student is opting for.
- Get the application form for the DAAD scholarship and fill it up with the asked credentials.
- Get the Europas Specimen form and make your CV which must be hand-signed.
- Along with the present occupation reference, the candidate needs to get a Motivation letter which should also be hand-signed.
- If the university asks for a Research proposal then provide it.
- You should also provide a Recommendation letter which you received from your previous university.
- Experience letter from the head under which you had been working.
- A letter of guarantee for re-employment after completing the studies and returning to the respective country (Not Mandatory).
- Proof for English proficiency. Tests scores which are accepted are as follows:-
*German Language: For programs carried in German it’s an important requirement.
*IELTS: Check the website of each university to get the info regarding the band score requirement.
*TOEFL Institutional isn’t acknowledged.
- Search and apply for programs that you would like to undertake in Germany that come under the DAAD scholarship.
- After you have all the required documents as mentioned above, we recommend you to search for other extra documents that are required for the program that you are opting for.
- Universities may take the required documents either online or through postal service or both ways. Check for that on their website.
You can submit your application to the German universities as it is open now and you can also search for the DAAD Scholarship in these universities easily.
Questions related to DAAD Scholarship Requirements
- The online/distance or part-time course programs are eligible for DAAD Scholarship funding?
You are not eligible. The DAAD scholarships are only awarded to those willing to take a full-time course with compulsory attendance.
- German Language Requirements for DAAD Scholarship application?
In submitting your applications, it is imperative that you give evidence about your proficiency in the language used for instruction. These include German and English. However, not all programmes demand a general language level before you get the scholarship. Applicants are required to go through the “Application requirements” category to inform, their application.
- Can I enroll in an e-learning German language program?
Yes. There is the provision to learn German in online courses through platforms like Goethe-Institute, Deutsche-Uni Online (DUO) among others that offer special online courses in German. If you happen to be a scholarship holder and your funding goes over half a year then the program also sponsors one of your DUO modules.
- What Subjects or courses are offered under DAAD Scholarship?
The scholarships offered by DAAD accommodate all subjects. However, there are some limitations when it comes to subjects like medicine and subject-specific programmes. Applicants should go through the scholarship database to choose the specific scholarships aligning with your subject category.
- Are there any age limitations to apply for a DAAD scholarship?
No specific age limits are set. Isolated cases exist where requests are made by international associates. In certain scholarships, it holds that a specified duration should have passed since the applicant’s last degree. www.funding.guide.de says it all.
- Under what circumstances you may be eligible for a delaying study in Germany?
Sure. Applications can go through if they meet the following specifications that may have delayed their studies.
- Pregnancy or childbearing
- Mandatory military service
- Disease or disability
- Taking care of dependent relatives
Other circumstances can also be considered but then they would have to be justified and substantiated with material evidence.
- Can I apply for the DAAD scholarship on the hope certificate?
Definitely yes! For the programmes that require a first university degree, the applicant can apply in their final year of study. S/he also has to meet the academic qualifications as stipulated in the Call for Applicants by the time the application starts. Thereafter, the applicants’ degree certificate must be submitted before the period of funding starts.
- If I reside in Germany, do I still qualify to apply for DAAD Scholarship?
Of course yes. If the requirement is to be in Germany for up to 15 months by the day the DAAD Scholarship applications close and the Call for Applications make no additional demands.
- If I am not as of now, residing in my country of origin. Do I still stand eligible for DAAD Scholarship?
This condition may allow applicants to apply for the DAAD Scholarship if the following clauses are satisfied:
- You want to go for a short-term scholarship of at most half a year. You must have resided there for at least 12 months.
- In case you want to come to Germany for more than half a year, you must also acquire your last degree in your country of residence
- Students already studying in Germany apply for a DAAD Scholarship program?
Yes, International students who are studying in German universities can still apply for the DAAD scholarship. The programmes that are eligible for funding for those students who are already in German universities are available on the DAAD website.