Like the idea of studying in a top-notch institute in Korea? This is your queue! The Korean government has opened its web portal for all eligible candidates to apply to the Global Korean Scholarships for the academic year 2022-2023. so avail of this golden opportunity and submit your application right away.
Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023:-
The Global Korea Scholarships, formerly known as the Korean Government Scholarships allows brilliant minds from around the world to study in Korean educational institutions. It offers fully-funded scholarships to international students aiming to pursue a full-time degree in Master’s or Ph.D. Faculties under a diverse range of academic fields.
So, if you too are planning to earn a post-graduate degree in Korean educational institutions, now is your chance. The Global Korean Scholarships has commenced accepting online applications from students around the world for the academic year 2022-2023. Hurry up and prepare your documents fast to increase your chances of winning the Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023.
Coverage and benefits of the Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023:-
If your postgraduate degree is sponsored by Global Korea Scholarships, you are likely to achieve the following perks and benefits:
- Full tuition fee waiver
- One-time settlement allowance amounting to KRW 200,000
- Health allowance valuating to KRW 20,000 per month
- Fully-funded 1-year Korean language course
- Printing cost (thesis/ dissertation) ranging between KRW 500,000 to 800,000
- Research support KRW 210,000 to 240,000 per semester
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency worth KRW 100,000 monthly
- Degree completion grant amounting to KRW 100,000
- Monthly stipend
- For degree program students – KRW 900,000
- For research program students – KRW 1,500,000
- One-time return airfare.
Eligibility criteria for the Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023:-
In order to apply to the Global Korea Scholarships to get a post-graduate degree from a higher educational institute in the Republic of Korea, you need to meet the following eligibility criteria:
Students belonging to nationalities other than Korean citizenship are eligible to apply to the Global Korea Scholarships, provided that their parents also do not hold Korean citizenship.
- Must be under 40 years of age at the time of applying to the Global Korea Scholarships.
- Academic professors who are under 45 years of age are also entitled to apply.
- Master’s program applicants: Applicants applying to the master’s degree programs must possess a Bachelor’s degree.
- Ph.D. Program applicants: Students applying to a Ph.D. degree program must hold a Master’s degree.
- Research program applicants: Those students who have received an invitation from one of NIIED’s listed Korean universities, provided that they possess a degree equivalent to a Master’s or a level of education above a Master’s are free to apply.
- Post-doctoral Research program applicants: Candidates applying to a postdoctoral research program must hold a doctorate degree or any education equivalent to Ph.D.
How to apply for the Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023?
If you are confused as to how to apply to the Global Korea Scholarships 2022, worry nor as we are here to guide you through.
There are two ways to apply to the Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023. Take a look at each of these methods and adopt the one that you find most feasible.
Method 1: Applying directly to the university:-
In method one, the candidate applies for the scholarship directly to the university he wants to take admission to. All the required documents are to be mailed directly to the university via post.
Note: Candidates applying directly to the university for the Global Korea Scholarship cannot apply to more than 1 Korean university.
Method 2: Applying via the Korean Embassy:-
Students adopting this method of applying to the Global Korea Scholarships are required to dispatch their original or attested documents to the Korean Embassy in their country.
Students then have to pass two rounds of the Embassy track process, which will then lead towards the final selection procedure.
Note: students applying for the Global Korea Scholarships via the Korean Embassy can apply to 3 universities.
List of documents required for the Global Korea Scholarships:-
To apply to the Global Korea Scholarships, you will need to prepare the following documents well in advance:
- Recommendation letters
- Attested transcripts
- Statement of purpose
- Motivation Letter
- Published books
- Study Plan
- Medical assessment form
- Research Proposal
- Certificate of language proficiency
- CV for Scholarship
- Awards and honors.
Application deadline for the Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023:-
Application deadlines for the Global Korea Scholarships vary as per different countries. To know the application deadline for your country, contact your nearest Korean Embassy.
This article provided all the necessary details for applying to the Global Korea Scholarships 2022-2023. If this transcript met with your requirements, let us know of it in the comments section below.
With this said, this article has reached its conclusion. Until next time, Adios!