The TU Delft Sub Saharan Scholarship 2024-2025 offers international students aged 22-28 a chance to attend a Summer School in the Netherlands, covering travel, accommodation, and daily expenses. My article delves into this remarkable opportunity, highlighting the selection criteria, application process, and the impact it holds for aspiring professionals in fields related to urban planning and design.
TU Delft, a prestigious university in the Netherlands, is offering an incredible opportunity for students from Sub-Saharan Africa through its 2024 scholarships. The focus is on the Summer School Planning and Design for the Just City, within the Schools of Architecture, Built Environment, Technology, Policy & Management.
Sub Saharan Scholarship at TU Delft Offers:
Travel, Accommodation, and Daily Expenses: This scholarship covers travel costs, accommodation, and daily costs (including meals and transportation) during the Summer School.
- Visa Assistance: TU Delft provides invitation letters and visa assistance, though visa issuance is at the discretion of Dutch authorities.
- Exclusions: The scholarship does not cover the Dutch visa fee, health insurance, or any extra costs.
Who Can Apply?
Eligibility for the TU Delft Scholarship is specifically tailored for young professionals and students from Sub-Saharan Africa. Candidates must be between 22 and 28 years of age and possess a passport from a Sub-Saharan African country.
The scholarship welcomes applications from those studying a range of fields, including Architecture, Urban Design, Spatial Planning, Environmental Engineering, Water Engineering, Urban Law, Management, Political Sciences, and Public Administration, along with related disciplines. Additionally, there is a strong emphasis on gender inclusivity, with female students being especially encouraged to apply for this opportunity.
The selection criteria for the TU Delft Scholarship center around identifying individuals who demonstrate remarkable motivation, excellent communication skills, leadership capabilities, and a collaborative spirit. Selected candidates are expected to fulfill the role of ambassadors for TU Delft, where they will not only represent the university but also actively promote its learning philosophy and core values.
Application Process of Sub Saharan Scholarship:
- Submit your application at the TU Delft admissions page
- Submission Requirements: Candidates must provide a CV, letters of recommendation and motivation, a short video, and a transcript/grade summary.
- Interviews: Shortlisted candidates will undergo a Zoom interview.
- Announcement of Recipients: Selected students will be notified.
- Document Submission: Send all materials via WeTransfer to [email protected], labeled appropriately.
Application Deadline: February 1st, 2024
This TU Delft scholarship represents a unique chance for Sub-Saharan African students to engage in high-level academic pursuits, network with peers and professionals, and contribute to their fields.